We believe that every person has an obligation to maintain the highest quality of training at Artz N’ Motion’s facility. To support a safe and welcoming environment for all, we require that each student adhere to the following policies:
The basic rules of safety in every class are:
I will respect my instructors and follow instructions for my own safety and the safety of others.
I will respect fellow students.
Do not push yourself farther than your own strength/ body can handle.
Always hold on to the equipment while climbing or performing a skill.
Safety is important here at Artz N’ Motion.
To keep our students safe, parents and students should be familiar with the following rules.
1. All students under the age of 18 are to wait inside the building for their ride to arrive. No student under the age of 18 should be outside of the building without the supervision of an adult.
2. To avoid injury, students may not participate in class if they are more than 15 minutes late. They may stay to watch and stretch on the ground.
3. Students should wait for their instructor to call them in for class. Do not practice on the equipment before your instructor has called you into class.
4. Only one student at a time on the crash mats and or apparatus (unless otherwise instructed).
5. Absolutely no swinging on the equipment. (Spinning is allowed with instructor’s permission).
6. Students are not allowed on any equipment before, during or after class without an instructor.
7. Students should not enter or leave the aerial area without permission from an instructor. We suggest using the lavatory before class. If necessary to use the lavatory during class time, students must ask the instructor for permission.
8. Students should report any injuries to the instructor and always tell the instructor if they are feeling sick or hurt.
9. Students must listen to and follow their instructor’s directions. Students should ask for help if they do not understand what to do or how to do it.
10. Do not try any skills the instructor has not taught you. Only work on the skills covered in class.
11. Students should never try a new skill without an instructor’s spot or guidance. Students should never attempt to spot a fellow classmate, nor let a fellow classmate spot them.
12. Students are not permitted to teach other students during or outside of class.
13. When waiting for their turn: - Students should not push, cut or stand too close to the person in front of them. - Students should make sure the person in front of them is out of their way before taking their turn.
14. Ask the instructor to help you if a mat or equipment has moved. Do not try to adjust the equipment yourself.
15. Use the following guidelines for appropriate dress: - Wear comfortable, form-fitting activewear.
Clothing should cover your full legs, (tight at the ankles), yout back, and your abdomen.
Jewelry, and clothing with zippers or buckles are prohibited as they can cause bodily injury or apparatus damage.
No buttons, belts, zippers on clothing. No clothing with dangling strings, beads or similar items should be worn. Only “footless” tights should be worn (all these things could not only hurt the equipment, but you as well)!
16. Hair that is long enough to swing in front of your face must be secured back.
17. No jewelry of any kind (necklaces, bracelets or earrings. (Tiny stud earrings are permissible.) Jewelry can snag or get tangled in the equipment (all these things could not only hurt the equipment, but you as well)!
18. Cover all open wounds or warts with appropriately sized band-aids. Please wrap athletic tape around the band-aid to prevent them from coming off.
19. Food should not be brought into the practice area of the gym. Students are not allowed to chew gum or use cough drops or candy.
20. Parents are responsible for the safety and conduct of their child/children in the waiting areas. No student should be in the gym without the supervision of an instructor.
21. Only students enrolled in the program are allowed on the aerial practice floor.
22. No running, gymnastics or horseplay in the waiting areas.
23. Parents should not allow children to stand on the chairs in the waiting areas.
Studio SAFETY Policies:
POLICY ON CLASS CANCELLATION
With the limited availability in our aerial classes, which requires pre-registration, you must cancel your reservation at least 12 hours before the start of class or it will be deducted from your card. Thank you for understanding.
POLICY ON WEATHER CANCELLATION
If Artz N' Motion has an emergency or weather cancellation, we will email everyone registered and make a Facebook announcement. You will receive a credit in the amount of the day’s class and the credit will be applied back to your account. Be sure to “like” our Facebook page.